EEF Board videoconference 14.04.2021

Theo Ploegmakers President
Armagan Özgörkey Vice President
Ulf Helgstrand Vice President
Eleonora Ottaviani Board Member & Athletes Representative
Nayla Stoessel Board Member
Quentin Simonet Board Member
George Dimaras Board Member
Soenke Lauterbach Board Member
Carina Mayer Secretary General
Ronan Murphy Chair of the EEF EU Committee
Hanfried Haring EEF Honorary President
Meeting EEF Board videoconference
Date 14 April 2021
Time 15h00 – 17h00
Location Videoconference
Chair Theo Ploegmakers
Minutes Carina Mayer

For Discussion:

1.1 Longines EEF Series 2021
An update is provided with regards to the current calendar for the 2021 Longines EEF Series. Four events have been cancelled due to the ongoing challenges related to Covid19 and the EHV-1 outbreak: Lisbon (POR), Magna Racino (AUT), Le Touquet (FRA) and Geesteren (NED). As a result, there is currently no qualifier for Region West and no Semi-Final for Regions West & North. There is currently contact with the OC of Peelbergen (NED) to see whether they would be able to host a qualifier for Region West, followed by a Semi-Final for Regions West & North. The EEF Series Manager is tasked to enquire from the OCs whether they will have TV/online streaming, VIP area and/or public allowed to attend the event. This assessment will help the EEF Board to decide on whether or not to propose a by-law to the current Series Rules to the FEI so that the prizemoney can be lowered (and the star level).

For Decision:

2.1 EEF / CED cooperation
UH provides a short explanation with regards to the cooperation proposal received from
the Central European Dressage Working Group for the “5 arenas Cup”. The Board agrees to enter into this cooperation and to allow the OCs to use the EEF logo at the respective events and on their websites. A small contract shall be set up, defining the boundaries of the EEF logo use. The EEF Communication Working Group will be in control of this contract.

For Information:

3.1 Partnership with EEM / Finances

AÖ provides an update on the current relationship with EEM. The Board agrees to wait one more week and if no reply is received from EEM until then, the EEF will consult with a lawyer as the Board needs to decide on whether to terminate the contract or go to court.

3.2 Update EEF Jumping Round Table

TP summarizes the first Round Table discussion and the subsequent videoconferences that were held with a smaller group in order to work on a proposal to be presented to the next Round Table. Further updates will be provided to the Board in due course.

3.3 Strategy project

Following the EEF’s proposal to the FEI with regards to the allocation of voting rights to new members, a working group has been set up by the FEI in which the EEF is represented by SL. The Board reiterates that FEI Solidarity must play an important role in these discussions and UH, in his role as EEF representative on the FEI Solidarity Committee, is tasked to address this subject also in the FEI Solidarity Committee.

3.4 EHV relief fund update & outbreak evaluation

TP briefly summarizes the decision that the Board had previously already made by email according to which the EEF is supporting the EHV relief fund but cannot contribute financially. It is up to the individual National Federations to decide if they want to contribute or not. TP reminds the Board that some NFs have already made big contributions during the outbreak to help riders etc.

3.5 EU-CH update

The Board is informed that the host agreements for the 2021 Senior EU-CH in Eventing, Jumping and Dressage have been signed. As the OC of Vejer de la Frontera (ESP) has withdrawn its bid for the 2023 EU-CH, the bidding process for these championships will have to be opened again for the disciplines of Dressage and Para-Equestrian Dressage. For Jumping (Seniors) there was already a bid available for the EU-CH from Milano (ITA). The OC has given a presentation to the FEI Board. EO and QS have attended the bid presentation of Milano (ITA) for the 2023 EU-CH in Jumping and the respective EEF report shall be shared with the FEI. The EEF representatives in the FEI Board have asked the FEI to delay a decision until July after the OC will have organized a 3* show on the proposed facilities. The EEF will also send an EEF representative to the CSI3* event in Milano in July 2021 in order to evaluate the event organization on behalf of the EEF.



4.1 FEI Sports forum

The 2021 edition of the FEI Sports Forum will not be an in-person meeting due to the ongoing Covid-19 restrictions but will be held as an online forum instead.

4.2 EU-Committee update

RM informs the Board that the implementation of the new Animal Health Law will not be postponed (as requested) but will probably already come into effect on April 21st. There will most likely be a transition period until the end of August 2021.

The EU Committee is currently waiting for the final text on the Equine Identification Legislation which was supposed to be published in March 2021.

An EHN Board meeting is scheduled for April 15th which will also be attended by Hilde Vautmans MEP so that the EU VAT reforms can be addressed.

With regards to the Equine Digital Passports, RM is about to set-up a working group in order to further progress on this subject.

RM is tasked to provide NS with a short summary text on recent EEF EU Committee activities so that it can be shared with the EEF members.

4.3 FEI Nations Cup Jumping Division 1

The EEF Jumping Working Group has presented the EEF Board with two different proposals for the future format of the FEI Nations Cup Division 1. The EEF Board unanimously agrees to support proposal 1 with 8 teams and 5 shows.